Volare Technologies Pvt. Ltd. ("Volare", "us", or "we") operates various websites (e.g., intouchapp.com), provides apps for mobile phones (e.g., for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, etc.), apps for browsers (e.g., for Chrome), applications (e.g., for Windows, Linux, etc., that integrate with other applications such as Outlook), or web plug-ins (e.g., for GMail, Yahoo, etc.) for end users to simplify their contact management (collectively referred to as "InTouchApp"). Volare provides an API ("API") for developers ("Developers") to create third party apps ("Third Party Apps"). InTouchApp provides a contact management service to simplify management of contact information (collectively, including InTouchApp, Site, API, Third Party Apps, the "Services").
Personal Data: Data that allows someone to identify or contact a person or entity, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, service identifiers, etc.
Public Data: Data that is generally available on the Internet without requiring any standards compliant authentication mechanism (e.g., Twitter handle and its associated name and photo, etc.). This may include Personal Data that is publicly available over the Internet (e.g., If a person has posted their email address on their blog, then the email is publicly available).
Private Data: Personal Data that is not Public Data.
Contacts Data: Personal Data about people, businesses or other entities that is in your possession.
You or User: Any person or business using our Services
By using our Services you provide us with various types of data. This data collection happens during, but not limited to, the following:
- As part of registration process to create an Account for using our Services, you will be asked to provide your Personal Data.
- When you communicate with us via various mechanisms, not limited to email, social networks, phone, contact provision within our Services, etc.
- When you log into one of our Services, Contacts Data that is accessible to our Service is collected. (For example, when you log into our InTouchApp on a smart phone, you grant InTouchApp access to all the Contacts Data stored on the smart phone that is accessible to InTouchApp)
- When you explicitly upload Contacts Data using one of our Services
- When you continue using our Services, data is continuously monitored for changes and the changes are collected. (e.g., as long as you are logged into InTouchApp on your smart phone, contact changes made are monitored and the changes are collected in the background)
Use of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be used for the following purpose only
- Creation of your Account
- Securing access to your Account
- Communicating with you regarding your Account and usage of our Services, as well as to respond to communication initiated by you
- Send newsletters, offers, surveys, and other promotional material related to our Services
- Creation of your digital contact profile (e.g., but not limited to, sharing your digital biz card with others)
- Identifying you uniquely in our system
Use of your Contacts Data
- Storage and archiving of the Contacts Data for later retrieval for the purpose of viewing, copying or restoring data using one of our Services. (e.g., Contacts Data backed up from your phone will be stored for you to be able to view and edit it online as well as download it later to another phone)
- Identifying users in our system who are your contacts (e.g., to show you who among your contacts is also using InTouchApp)
- Identifying and storing links between Personal Data and Public Data (e.g., link between a phone number (Personal Data) and blog (Public Data) is identified and stored), for the purpose of providing complete profile data for our users (only Public Data will be used to complete profile. Private Data will not be disclosed.)
- Send notifications to your contacts (see Notifications)
As part of contact management, we may modify data, including, but not limited to your Personal Data and Contacts Data. By using our Services, you give us your consent to make modifications to your data on your behalf. These modifications will take place either on a copy of the data on our system or on a copy of the data on your device / service or both. You acknowledge that these modifications are made on your behalf and only you will be responsible for these modifications and any after effects that are a direct or in-direct result of these modifications.
As part of simplified contact information sharing feature provided by our Services, we enable you to share your Personal Data, Contacts Data or both with others (e.g., share your digital business card to an email; share your auto-updating contact profile with another InTouchApp user, etc.), or to make it public. The Service will provide reasonable user interface to let you specify whom you want to share your Personal Data / Contacts Data with. The Service will also provide reasonable user interface to let you choose what part of your Personal Data / Contacts Data you would like to share. Under certain circumstances, when another user of our system is already in possession of your Personal Data, we may enable Personal Data sharing automatically as a convenience for you. In such cases, the Service will provide a reasonable user interface to show the sharing and allow you to disable / modify it. By using this feature of our Services, you give us your consent to share a part of or complete Personal Data / Contacts Data with others on your behalf. You can terminate the sharing at any time using our user interface. While the sharing is enabled, any updates made to your Personal Data and / or Contacts Data will also be shared. You acknowledge that the sharing of your Personal Data and / or Contacts Data is made on your behalf and only you will be responsible for the sharing and any after effects that are a direct or in-direct result of these modifications.
When you use our Services, we automatically record information from your device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your contacts, and other interactions with the Service.
We also collect some information (ourselves or using third party services) using logging and cookies, such as IP address, which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Data. We use this information for the above purposes and to monitor and analyze use of the Services, for the Services' technical administration, to increase our Services' functionality and user-friendliness, and to verify users have the authorization needed for the Services to process their requests.
We may use our Services, your Personal Data and/or your Contacts Data to send email messages and other notifications relating to the Services and your use of the Services. We reserve the right to notify you through e-mail, facsimiles, text or voice messages, or notices posted within Services, as determined by Volare in our discretion. By using the Services, you consent to receiving such notifications. Users may not opt-out of receiving notifications relating to support of the Services or other notices as required by law. In cases where you have chosen to either invite your contacts to our Services or send them data via our Services, you give us your consent to send notifications to your contacts through e-mail, facsimiles, text or voice messages, or notices posted within Services, as determined by Volare in our discretion.
Other Sharing of Information
We may release information when necessary to comply with the law or a court order or an investigation. We also may release information to law enforcement to protect our rights, property, or other interests, including those of our customers or users or to prevent illegal activities or violations of our Terms of Service. In the event that we, in whole or in part, establish a partnership with another company, or are acquired by or merged with another company, information we collect may be transferred to the partner or the acquiring or merging company at time such merger, acquisition, or partnership is closed and to the extent necessary to fulfill our obligations under such merger, acquisition, or partnership.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure, but we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. We cannot ensure the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet, and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure of such information. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Please direct any questions that you may have regarding our Privacy Statement at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 21 Jan 2014